The Lotus Europa is considered by many Lotus enthusiasts as the ultimate expression of Colin Chapman's design philosophy as applied to a road car. The S4 cars featured 130HP twin cam engines which could motivate the sub 1,600 lb car to sixty miles per hour in 6.6 seconds. The unique exterior design had a very low drag coffiecient of only 0.29 while retaining a very comfortable passenger cabin. Like the Elan before it and the Esprit after it, the Europa utilized the classic steel backbone chassis which provided a very stiff foundation from which the suspension wizards at Hethel extracted phenominal handling from the car. However, like many older Lotus, the car suffered in the areas of reliability which has been a hurdle for some enthusiasts wishing to own this incredible automobile. British Racing Group has a very special opportunity for those enthusiasts to acquire a classic Europa with modern reliability.
This exciting conversion combines the classic Europa with a modern reliability of the Ford Zetec engine. Producing 240HP, the engine gives this car a mind blowing 6.7lb/HP ratio. While not verified, calculated performance for this modified car indicates a 0-60 time of less than 4 seconds and a top speed around 140MPH!
- 2.0 liter Zetec crate engine --0 miles.... Estimated at 240 HP by the engine builder ( SRE Race Engines )
- Crower stage 2 race cams
- Ported / Polished pulling 260 CFM through the head
- Alloy pulleys throughout the engine with unothodox racing alloy flywheel
- oversize stainless steel valves
- ARP rod bolts
- New Weber 45 DCOE Carbs with custom intake.
- Ceramic coated headers
- 2 inch stainless steel custom exhaust
Fuel/ Cooling System
- New elec fuel pump
- Stainless steel fuel lines with drains
- Drains installed for coolant lines
- Both gas tanks have been rebuilt to new specs.
Brakes/ Suspension and Wheels
- Disc brake conversion--all 4 wheels--- 10- 1/2 inch Wilwood vented racing brakes ( I think they're 4 piston )
- 15 inch tire / wheels conversion all around
- Wheels: Konig Helium weight: 10 pounds each.
- Tires: BFGoodrich G Force radials.... ( drag radials on the rear ) ( I will update with sizes )
- Oversized rear sway bar ( 1 inch )
- Transmission: 5 speed NG-3 from a 1983 Fuego Turbo ( 6000 miles on the trans )
- shifter is from a Toyota MR2; all cable conversion to the trans...no tubes
- New battery
- ALL the old Europa parts ( with the exception of the twincam engine-which was sold ) go with the car.
- ALL the stock Zetec parts go with the car.
- AutoEurope redid the throttle linkage to the carbs and put a new throttle cable on....also they rejetted the 45 DCOE's to be richer
- The car has a T handle fire extinguisher for the engine compartment ( T handle is in the cabin; fire extinguisher is up front, and the tubing goes into the engine compartment )
- Transmission seals ( www.bearingkits.co.uk ) (" Kit is £39.95 and shipping is £17.99 kit has gaskets, side seals, input shaft bearing/seal but NOT selector seal " )
- Shift knob and some misc trim parts
The previous owner invested nearly $55,000 into the car but must sell to make room for new toys. It is 95% completed and only needs some minor work to bring it up to completed status.